I have the opportunity to have an incredible internship with the NCAA for the Final Four 2012 which is the capstone for my Communications degree at the University of Missouri. Through this blog, I hope to record what my internship entails, and the ways that I get to use my comm degree, as well as what I can go into in the future!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
And So It Begins
Things are starting to majorly pick up as we get into the one month till the big events mark! This week the NCAA came into town and it has been a busy few days as much planning has been going on. It really is very surprising how many different aspects go into an event this massive in size. This week individuals from Indianapolis, where the NCAA headquarters are located, individuals from a marketing firm in Texas, and consultants from all over the country came in to meet with the many people working here in New Orleans on the event. These large meetings have been happening once a month since August, but this was my first one to be in town for. It was such a whirlwind, so many different professions and specialties are going into putting on the Final Four. Being here and getting to be apart of this experience has taught me so much about how wide a world it is in reference to a career. I fully believe that being educated in communications opens so many doors and possibilities going into a wide range of jobs. The ability to organize and relay information to people about the procedures going into an event is an important skill in every profession that I have encountered thus far. Things are gearing up and getting busy as the community and local events are soon to start here in the city of New Orleans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment