I have the opportunity to have an incredible internship with the NCAA for the Final Four 2012 which is the capstone for my Communications degree at the University of Missouri. Through this blog, I hope to record what my internship entails, and the ways that I get to use my comm degree, as well as what I can go into in the future!
Monday, March 26, 2012
Final Four Week Has Arrived
So here we are, its the week of madness. Sadly Mizzou will not be making a debut here in New Orleans, but there is still so much goodness going on this week. Over the weekend the staff worked and moved our headquarters from the Superdome to the Hyatt hotel which is in a centralized location between all the major events; the games at the Dome, Bracket Town fan fest at the Convention Center, and the Big Dance concert series at Woldenburg Park in the French Quarter. I am going to be working in the PR Headquarters office which is located in the Convention Center next to Bracket Town. Today I got to walk through the construction of Bracket Town and it is going to be incredible. They have built a small arena inside of the Convention Center which will be used for the Salute Presentation Thursday night, which is the 'official start event' to the Final Four. Also there will be a Legends Game on the court happening on Saturday, with legendary players from around the south coming to play a fun game during the festivities. Shaq will be here as well, doing the commentating and announcements for the Legends Game. So many people, and work, and planning goes into making this event happen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment