Friday, April 13, 2012

The Big Event!









These are photos from the 10th row of the Semi-Final games Saturday March 31.  My dad and I were lucky enough to get access to use some amazing tickets of donors to the event who had decided not to come in for the semi-final games but only for the Championship.  Lucky for us, because we got to sit on row 10, top of the key behind the players benches!  It was incredible!

As far as how everything went during Final Four weekend, it was a crazy, exciting whirlwind!  All of the fan events that I was able to be apart of in the planning process were received with tons of excitement and enjoyment.  Bracket Town the giant fan festival is where I was stationed to help with media and public relations most days, and I got to be apart of the opening press conference, arrival of the teams, the Salute presentation which is the official start to Final Four Weekend, and all events leading until a VIP party that the Local Organizing Committee threw for the sponsors and major donors of the local organizations before the Championship game!  The most significant aspect for me has been seeing how many people, professions, careers, and skills it takes to put on an event of this magnitude.  I was only a part of the committee for the past three months, but they have been working in New Orleans for three years getting ready for this event!  Three years planning, organizing, brain storming and making an incredible Final Four happen!  I am so thankful for getting to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment